Tuesday, March 18, 2008

When the techno illiterate meet techno opps

So what happens is really quite simple.
The other day I sent a notice to all kinds of my colleagues, friends and associates.
My motivation was to advise them of the launch of my blog.
My objective was to get them to visit and comment.
My strategy was to provide the required information and hope they'd act.
My execution sucked.
First, I inserted a hot link into the email which just didn't work.
Then, I sent another email and cleverly included an incorrect address for the blog by including an '@' and excluding a '.'
My technology literate friends, Errol in particular, were very kind in pointing out my error.
What's the point of all of this?
Regardless of the world of opportunities presented by the web it still comes down to the details and to paying attention.
I didn't.
Lesson learned.
@ home, I remain your slightly-less-technologically-illiterate servant.

No comments: