With that out of the way I just had to share with you my respect for this organization and in fact other credit unions throughout Canada. Although they have a relatively small market penetration that should change. If more people knew about the services available and the highly-personal approach to both personal and business banking embraced by Meridian I would think the doors of the branches would have line ups.
Did you know:
- You can get the same full range of financial services from Meridian as you can from any of the BIG Canadian banks?
- You will be treated like a person, not a number?
- They will attempt to find a reason to say "Yes" rather than the seemingly automatic and rather emphatic "NO" people tend to experience with the BIG banks?
- That your deposits are covered under DICO?
- That they have an extensive ATM network?
- That the people who manage and work in the branches actually will recall your name?
- That you can take great advantage of the Financial Coaching available?
Based upon my interviews with branch personnel and clients, here's the lasting impression I have of Meridian Credit Union - they help people find hope and sound guidance.
If you're experiencing any of the challenges of the current financial environment I encourage you to seek out the alternative. Whether Meridian or some other credit union I suspect you will find a refreshingly new approach to financial planning and management.